Monday, January 17, 2011

Miniature Monday - Shop

I've got to give all of the bloggers I follow who post daily tons and tons of credit.  I'm trying to post twice a week and those days sneak up quickly!

I had this little store built but empty lying around in my workshop for years.  One day, I finally decided to dust it, glue whatever parts broke off, and give it some attention.  I can't say it's really "finished" because I'd like to add a sidewalk, a few more things on the shelves and walls and perhaps a doll.  Miniaturists often shop from their own tiny stores, so things may be shifted around completely.   The result so far is this pretty little store:


The 1/12th scale store measures 10" high by 12" wide by 10" deep.  This is a place where someone (really tiny) can come to purchase perfume, lotion and fancy soap.  They can also take a breather on the round couch while their purchase is being wrapped.



The miniature owner of the store has a cat, whose always getting tangled up in silk ribbon, and a pretty little dog.  The cat is made by talented artist Sue Veeder.  The dog I got at an auction.  The tiny bottles and jars I made from beads and other jewelry findings.  I printed labels on the computer and cut small pictures from magazines to finish off the look of the beads.



The tiny soaps in the case are made from polymer clay and the boxes they are in from cardstock. The beautiful flower arrangement is made by Bloomin Minis.  They exhibit and sell their work at The Lehigh Valley Miniature Show .  My friends and I make the trek from Brooklyn to Pennsylvania every year for that show.

If you have any questions on any of my projects please let me know.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. Those treats look good enough to eat! *grin* Thanks so much for sharing the photos! Your work is just awe inspiring! I still cant get over how small it really is.

    Have a great day!
    *huggles*
    =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I didn't know these were miniatures, you swear they were life size. FABULOUS Ketsia & so nice to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ketsia, these are beautiful!! You are the master...
    I looked around at the miniture aisle at the craft store the other day (you have opened my eyes to this art form), the art you do with minitures makes that stuff at the store look like stick figures... hahaha!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ketsia! Love your miniatures and your new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much guys. Your encouragement means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ketsia,I visited your blog and your work is amazing! Beautiful roombox and scene so details! Mini regards from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I am blown away with all the detail and work you put into these beautiful pieces of artwork. I an now going to try one myself. I watched your ustream class today and can't wait to see more. Thank you so much for showing us your work.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete