Monday, February 25, 2013

Miniature Monday: Lemon Tree

Last week, a group of us got together to work on lemon trees.  One of my friends put the kits together for us and we spent the day at her house chatting and turning wire, paint, clay and paper into this:


My very first miniature lemon tree! I love it. The only thing I would do differently next time will be to put more branches in, but I am very pleased with my first attempt.

The branches started out as about 9-10 pieces of wire, twisted together and coated to look like wood.  Then the flowers are assembled with each being glued on individually, as are the leaves.  The lemons were last.  I kept having to make sure they were hanging properly.

The friend who put the kits together and hosted us doesn't have a web site, but sells at shows and through other vendors.  Here's a sampling of her work: Artistic Florals by Arlene  and Artistic Florals 1/2" scale- she is awesome!

A great resource for pre-punched petals and punches is Hanky Panky Crafts( http://hankypankycrafts.com/ ).  I've purchased many of their punches and books.  I have to warn you though, miniature plant and flower making is addictive!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Ketsia, you have to make time for me one of these days. I really want to watch you in action making things minis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Perfect for a nice spring or summer scene.

    ReplyDelete