Monday, February 11, 2013

Miniature Monday: Minis for My Merchant of Granada Marketplace

I have been collecting miniatures to use in my Merchant of Granada roombox.

When I go to miniature shows, I have an idea of which projects I am shopping for.  This helps me to stay focused and actually finish the miniature scenes I have in progress.  I don't usually give myself a budget, because when I see something I really really really need, I buy it!  Of course I know I don't "need" anything, but who could pass up a beautiful miniature?

That being said, in between shows, I'm able to "shop" in my own workroom! I love that.  I've gathered all of my recently purchased goodies and those from my stash for this project. I lay everything out, then pick through them, trying different combinations in the scene.  I then let it all sit, make changes, and repeat the process.  Four days to make the structure and three months to decide on what's going inside.  I have to laugh!  It takes me a while to decide, and I often just tack things down and not glue them in place.  I thought I'd share a few pictures of the goodies I've laid out so far!








 
Some of these items are jewelry charms.  The two multicolored tables are from Bespaq.  The pottery, hand made by various miniature artisans.   I love the handwoven baskets. If you have any questions, please let me know. 
 
Thanks so much for looking!

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! It is MAGNIFICENT! You have gathered together some Wonderful Miniatures that are perfect for the project you have described!
    I don't know how you will chose from the vast assortment that you have. Hopefully, you will be able to use it all. I use the same technique as you and mix thing around over and over until I hit the right balance and then I affix everything to the spot. Isn't it delightful to be able to shop at home from all the things that you have? Lots and lots of Fun to watch!
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection of mini treasures.

    ReplyDelete